Southampton Home Interiors

Cary Quarles

Friday

White Coat Separating From the Brown Coat

  The finish coat plaster has de-laminated from the "scratch coat" plaster and will be restored in this century old home. This is the same home I've been working in off and on since October of 09' and believe it or not This bathroom is not a very big job.

 I'm adding a five foot fir bead board wainscoting to the bottom half before I let my plasterer in to set up his scaffold and repair the top half. I'm gluing and nailing the 3 inch T&G boards to the intact plaster then installing a 6 inch beaded base around the bottom nailed to studs along with a cap and molding around the top also nailed through to the studs. Between that and the 2 cases of construction adhesive I created a monolithic panel that isn't going to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home